In this guide you will find information about what you can grow in Farming Simulator 19 and how to do it, step by step. You'll also find some interesting tricks, including how to combine machines, tips to speed up gameplay and earning money in the game. There is also a detailed description of animal husbandry, a list of the most interesting machines, tractors and self-propelled vehicles. The tutorial also includes an extensive FAQ section, a description of controls on PC, XONE and PS4 platforms, as well as hardware requirements along with a description of optimal game settings.
Farming Simulator 19 is another installment in the game series dedicated to farm management. It is the largest and most refined of all parts of the game. This time, more than 300 vehicles and machines from more than 100 different manufacturers have been made available to the player. The functionality and variety of crops and breeding has also been expanded. In this installment the player can grow: wheat, rye, oats, barley, rapeseed, corn, sunflower, soya, potatoes, sugar beet, sugar cane, poplar for chips and trees. Husbandry includes the following animals: hens, pigs, sheep, cows and horses.
Patrick "YxU" Homa (www.gamepressure.com)
- Farming Simulator 19: Game in a nutshell
- Farming Simulator 19: Novelties and changes
- Farming Simulator 19: Maps
- Farming Simulator 19: Multiplayer
- Farming Simulator 19: DLCs and mods
- Farming Simulator 19: Crops
Farming Simulator 19: Tips & Tricks
Below you can find our video guide to Farming Simulator 19 with good tips for beginners.
Farming Simulator 19: Game in a nutshell
Should I buy the new Farming?
The basic question for many players is: What is the difference between Farming Simulator 19 and the previous versions? Is it worth buying it? In my opinion - yes.
Compared to the previous versions (numbered 15 and 17), there have been many changes and modifications. Below are the main arguments in favor of Farming Simulator 19.
- New game engine: improved graphics and animations; completely new physics - the control of vehicles is more realistic and complex (unfortunately, AI employees remain unchanged and can cause some quite unusual problems).
- Huge number of machines:- the number of vehicles featured in the basic version of the game equals, if not exceeds, the number of machines from the previous installment and its DLCs put together; in addition, the game includes brands such as John Deere, AGCO, Case IH, KUHN, Stara, Ropa, and many others. In total, there are 102 brands of tractors, harvesters and equipment in this installment.
- More complex mechanics and greater realism: the game introduces elements such as the appearance of weeds in the fields that need to be weeded; lime - which helps to maintain the high quality of the soil and is required for the creation of new fields, vehicle breakdowns with high levels of wear.
- Improved gameplay dynamics: In this part of the game, you no longer start with tiny steps to cultivate half a hectare of fields. There are complex and multi-purpose machines that can generate yields from tens of thousands of liters of crops.
- Ability to combine multiple machines into one: this option is already known from previous parts - two machines work together. This time you can mix machines from different brands and create constructions which, for example, plow, sow and cultivate or fertilize at the same time: and all that simply by adapting the machine's components to your current needs.
- New crops and livestock: three new plants are added to the pool of crops: rye, cotton and sugar cane (while retaining those introduced in the previous installments); now also horses are available for animal husbandry.
- Real estate and buildings: you are no longer dependent on predefined locations on maps. Would you like to have a cattle farm next to your plot? No problem - just build it! You don't have a place to store your machines on in new location? Build a shed.
Release price (PC): 34.99 EUR (Steam).
Farming Simulator 19: Novelties and changes
103 machine brands are at the player's disposal.
Farming Simulator 19 introduces a lot of new things compared to the previous installments of the series. Many elements of mechanics have also been changed: some machines work differently, some processes are subject to different operating rules. If you are a veteran of the series, below you will find the most important information about what you should pay attention to in this part of the game:
- Many machines can be combined: look for e.g. cultivators with 3-point connections behind them or hooks for attaching a trailer.
- Every new field you create needs to be fertilized with lime for the first time. You must use it (you can turn it off in the game options) on your fields every third sowing and harvest to maintain a high quality level of the field - otherwise the harvest will be 15% lower. You can buy lime in the shop or get it from a collection point; there are two machines that can be found in the Fertilizer Technology tab in the shop (they can also be used for spreading solid manure).
- Weeds will appear periodically on the fields. To get rid of them, use weeders or chemical spraying that destroys unfriendly plants (weeds can be destroyed before the crop; unremoved weeds reduce the harvest by 20%). You can turn off weeds in the game options.
- You can now empty everything to the ground: the contents of seeders, grains and other things. To collect them later, simply use any loader.
- You're the one responsible for buying buildings now: Do you want to have a pig farm next to the potato field? No problem.
- The possibility of sleeping has been introduced: build a farm where you can sleep.
- The importance of transport has been emphasized. You can't teleport vehicles or buy seeds/fertilizers at collection points. Use semi-trailers to transport pallets or seed and fertilizer from pallets (purchased in the store) directly to your fields so you don't have to return to the store to fill the machine tanks.
- You can buy all the things you need for husbandry in the shop: fodder, bales of hay, silage or straw.
Two new types of cultivating/ploughing machines have been introduced:
- Disc harrows- they are characterized by a much lower tractor load during work, it is worth taking an interest in them when you can't afford strong tractors.
- Subsoilers- you can use them just like a regular plough - plough the field periodically and use them when planting root crops. They have a negligible load on the tractor and work quickly, and you can connect some models of planters and seeders (with 3-point connection) directly.
- Power Harrows- a lightweight cultivator, to which some seeders and cultivators can be connected.
Farming Simulator 19: Maps
The basic version of Farming Simulator 19 enables the player to use two maps as starting locations:
- Ravenport- this is a map in a climate straight from the United States. It is mostly characterized by large arable fields, lush vegetation characteristic for the USA, as well as other elements of the environment: buildings, vehicles.
- Felsbrunn- this map represents Germany. Mountainous landscapes and predominantly coniferous trees are ideal for felling. You'll often encounter difficult terrain here: tight plots of land surrounded by boulders or located on steep slopes.
Farming Simulator 19: Multiplayer
Farming Simulator 19 features a multiplayer mode. You can play games on the server for up to 16 people. You can create your own server or join one of the existing ones. If your computer or bandwidth is too weak, you can rent a server "from outside": GIANTS offers the option of renting dedicated servers; there are also many other places that offer servers and support.
- In order to use the online mode on Steam, you must be Online: this prevents you from sharing games with others and playing online games together.
- The game does not have a split-screen mode,
- The game does not have a LAN mode: the only connection is via the network (the server you create on your own computer connects to the game manufacturer's server).
Farming Simulator 19: DLCs and mods
Numerous DLCs are planned, which will enhance Farming Simulator 19 with many extras: new maps, machines, tractors and other elements.
The game features a dedicated manager for additional content.
It is also possible to create and install mods. They will be available for download directly from the game menu, through the so-called modhub, where you can search, download and install mods. They can also be used in multiplayer mode as long as other users also have them.
Our mods section of our guide includes:
- Mods list
- How to install mods?
- New maps
- Tweak and scripts
- New objects
- New machines
Farming Simulator 19: Crops
In Farming Simulator 19 the player can grow plants such as: wheat, rye, oats, barley, rapeseed, corn, sunflower, soya, potatoes, sugar beet, sugar cane, cotton, poplar for chips and trees. In addition, you can also produce straw and grass, from which you can obtain hay and silage.
Farming Simulator 19 features many new options and crops, e.g. cotton.
You can breed the following animals: hens (produce eggs), pigs (provide manure), sheep (provide wool), cows (milk and manure) and horses that require your attention and work to increase their endurance and sell profitably.
About Farming Simulator 19 Guide and Tips
Author : Patrick "yxu" Homa for gamepressure.com
last update : November 20, 2018
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Farming Simulator 19 Video Game
- genre: Simulation
- developer: GIANTS Software
- publisher: Focus Home Interactive
- platform: PC, PS4, XONE
More About Farming Simulator 19
Farming Simulator 19 Best Mods - New Maps, Tractors and Money Cheats
A good farmer is not afraid of work. The community around Farming Simulator 2019 isn't either, and thanks to this, new mods are constantly being created to enrich the fun even today. Here is our review of the best of them.
Root crops and sugar cane - make lots of money, take long time to harvest, many, MANY, trips back and forth from field to storage and from storage to sale point. Silage - same activities as for root crop with a few extras.Does Farming Simulator actually teach you how do you farm? ›
Does Farming Simulator actually teach you how do you farm? Yes, it still isn't real farming and is only a game, but it can teach a lot about how to manage the farm, prepare the land, and grow crops. This isn't Stardew Walley where you plant a seed and it simply grows.What makes the most money in farming? ›
Livestock is probably the most common way farmers make money from their land. And while animals have a few more expenses and a higher overhead, they usually bring in top dollar in terms of net income. Here are just some of the ways you can make money with livestock.What is the best money maker in farming simulator? ›
It's recommended to go for crops like Cotton, Grapes, or Soybeans if they want a good profit at the beginning of the game. Each crop can be used for its own positives but pure profit lies in a few tactical fields. Optimizing the player's farm is a sure way to financial success.What is the loan limit in farming simulator? ›
This mod sets the loan limit at 10 million of your preferred currency.How do you enable cheats on fs19? ›
- Go to your Steam library and right-click Farming Simulator 19.
- Go to Properties.../SET LAUNCH OPTIONS...
- Type -cheats and OK.
"The bank uses various techniques for assessing the risk of each individual customer, at this time the credit limit we can offer is 500k and you are not eligible for a credit limit increase".Does it matter when you harvest in Farming Simulator 19? ›
For grass, it is still growing until the last stage of harvest so if you wait until last stage you will get higher yield. Originally posted by SeaDog: For crops all harvest stages are the same. For grass, it is still growing until the last stage of harvest so if you wait until last stage you will get higher yield.Which Farming Simulator is the easiest? ›
- Doraemon: Story Of Seasons. ...
- Minecraft. ...
- Staxel. ...
- My Time At Portia. Released: January 2018. ...
- Stardew Valley. Released: February 2016. ...
- Littlewood. Released: June 2019. ...
- The Farming Simulator Franchise. Latest Release: Farming Simulator 22 - November 21. ...
- Farm Manager 2021. Released: May 2021.
Here are all the active Wheat Farming Simulator codes: TAMEPETS - Redeem this code for 20 Taming Crystals. LAVABEAST – Redeem this code for a Lava Beast Pet. PETS – Redeem this code to get 10x Taming Crystals.
- Remember the Core Gameplay Loops.
- Don't Be Afraid to Use Mods.
- Plan With the Crop Calendar.
- Save Often.
- Be Careful with AI Workers.
- Change Some Settings to Make Getting Around Easier.
The default is one day per month - totaling in 12 days per year. You can turn it up to 28 days per month - that is 336 days a year. However, the length of the month will change with the turn of the seasons.Which crop is most expensive? ›
Saffron. Saffron is the most expensive crop in the world. Why? It's made out of the stigmas of the crocus plant and it takes around 75,000 flowers to produce 500 grams of dried saffron.What animal makes the most money on a farm? ›
Beef cattle are considered the most profitable livestock and easiest to raise for profit, but homesteaders with small acreage won't be able to raise cattle. Cattle, whether you want beef or dairy cattle, require plenty of good-quality pasture, supplemental hay, fresh water, room to roam, and veterinarian care.How to make money fast? ›
- Become a rideshare driver. ...
- Make deliveries. ...
- Help others with simple, everyday tasks. ...
- Pet sit. ...
- Sell clothes and accessories online. ...
- Sell unused gift cards. ...
- Earn a bank bonus. ...
- Take surveys.
There are two options: a pasture and a coop. You have to provide feed for all housing options and get eggs in return. The only real difference is the size, as the pasture can only fit 30 chicken. If you want to breed them and focus on a larger operation involving egg production, you should go for the coop.Is there a limit to helpers on fs19? ›
The number and name of the helpers can be adjusted in the in-game hud ("Shift-Links" + "-"). A maximum of 20 helpers can be configured, divided equally between men and women. Furthermore, the helper costs can be adjusted to your own wishes!Which loan is best for farming? ›
Crop Loan/ Kisan Credit Card (Retail Agri Loan): Kisan Credit Card/ Kisan Card is an ideal agriculture loan option to meet short-term credit requirements, such as expenses resulting from the cultivation of crops, post-harvest activities, maintenance of farm equipment, etc.Where do most of the farmers borrow money? ›
Most small farmers borrow money from banks.What is the slot limit for fs19? ›
As you can see above, Farming Simulator 19 on old-gen consoles had 1299 slots available. Farming Simulator 22, on the same consoles, will allow 2749 locations, more than double!
While plowing turns over the soil, bringing the lower soil up to the top, cultivating is loosening the top layer of the soil.Does plowing increase yield in FS19? ›
If the field requires plowing, doing so will increase yield.What happens if you don't harvest in time? ›
A late harvest can also cause plants to terminate, or stop producing as they complete their reproduction process. Fully-mature vegetables left on the plant also attract more disease and insect problems.What land do I own in Farming Simulator 19? ›
On the bottom left of the map screen, you will see some button prompts. If you press the key for "Lands", it will change how the map looks slightly. The land that you own will be highlighted in green, whilst the rest of the map will be dark grey.What is the easiest map in fs19? ›
If you're looking for a simple yet beautiful map with enough to do then look no further than Michamp. It has 28 fields to explore as well as eight beautiful meadows if you're looking for something a little different to do. There are also some lovely forest areas around a few of the farms.What is the best starter map in Farming Simulator? ›
6 Elm Creek
As far as the land itself goes, most of it is pretty flat, allowing you to maintain and farm your crops easily. If you're a beginner or just want a chill experience, then this is the perfect map for you.
|Player ID||% of Game|
- Start the game.
- Save your game immediately.
- Go to: farmingsimulator2019/savegame1.
- Find file farms. xml.
- Open file farms. xml with Notepad.
- Find money=”1000.000″
- Change the amount, e.g. 10 Million: Money=”10000000000″
- Save farms. xml file.
If you have ordered the game through our own online shop, please visit the Download Portal and enter your personal product key. Bonus contents can be downloaded directly from the list. If you have bought the game in a retail store, or somewhere else, you will receive possible bonus content directly from the merchant.What is the best crop for beginners in fs19? ›
The simplest crops to farm are Barley, Canola, Oats, Soy, and Wheat. Even in New Farmer Mode, users will not have all of the equipment they need to properly care for any of the other available crops. Start basic and expand to more complicated plants after running a successful farm.
Farming Simulator is a farming simulation video game series developed by GIANTS Software. The locations are based on American and European environments. Players are able to farm, breed livestock, grow crops, and sell assets created from farming.How long does it take to fully complete farming sim? ›
|All PlayStyles||4||349h 53m|
Marriages are also limited to a maximum of one per year. This is in order to prevent the player from simply marrying, having the new spouse leave the farm, and then remarrying multiple times during one game turn, which would be an easy way to accumulate endless amounts of money from bride prices or dowries.How long to beat Farming Simulator 19? ›
When focusing on the main objectives, Farming Simulator 19 is about 113 Hours in length. If you're a gamer that strives to see all aspects of the game, you are likely to spend around 263 Hours to obtain 100% completion.What is the best crop to start in farming simulator? ›
- 1 Cotton (October-November Harvest)
- 2 Grass (Year-Round Harvest) ...
- 3 Soybeans (October-November Harvest) ...
- 4 Potatoes (August-September Harvest) ...
- 5 Canola (July-August Harvest) ...
- 6 Sugarcane (October-November Harvest) ...
- 7 Oats (July-August Harvest) ...
- 8 Barley (June-July Harvest) ...
What is the most profitable animal in fs19? Horses are really high profit animals. You buy them for $5k and sell them for $50k after a few days riding them. They don't require much machinery either.Are chickens profitable in fs19? ›
You can breed chickens to increase your Egg production, or sell them for a small but immediate profit. The rate of chicken reproduction depends on how many chickens of the same type are in the same Coop, and the current Productivity rating for that Coop.What is the easiest crop to farm? ›
- Lettuce. Lettuce can be sown directly in your garden bed, or started indoors for transplanting. ...
- Peas. Snap, snow, and shelling peas are all best sown as early as the soil can be worked in spring. ...
- Radishes. ...
- Turnips. ...
- Beans. ...
- Sunflowers. ...
- Sweet Potatoes. ...
- Winter Squash, including Pumpkins.
What is the best grain in FS19? Bottom line is canola and soy are the best crops due to fewer units per hectare, so less trips / stopped harvester. But wheat, barley and oat also produce straw.What is the order of planting in farming simulator? ›
- soil test.
- spray digestate.
- spray fertilizer.
- spray herbicide.
Sheep are the easiest as they can eat just grass and water. Cows on the other hand need TMR to be fully efficient which requires a lot more effort.What is the best animal to raise in a farm? ›
- Chickens – Most Profitable Farm Animal for Small Homesteaders. ...
- Goats – Most Profitable Animal to Breed. ...
- Bees – Most Profitable Farm Animal for Hobby Farmers. ...
- Quail. ...
- Rabbits. ...
- Cattle – Most Profitable Livestock for Those with Plenty of Acreage. ...
- Pigs. ...
The Biogas Plant offers $0.18 per liter of either Slurry or Manure. This amounts to $30.6 per pig, per day. With 300 pigs in the pen, you'll earn $9,180 per day just selling these fertilizers, making for nearly 25% extra profit from your pigs.Which poultry is most profitable? ›
- Country chicken farming / Desi chicken farming. India has long practiced raising desi hens or country chickens. ...
- Quail Farming. Japanese quail are mostly reared in India for meat and eggs. ...
- Duck Farming. ...
- Emu Farming. ...
- Geese Farming. ...
- Guinea Fowl Farming.
Raising chickens can be fun and profitable.
Keeping chickens and other poultry can be a wonderful way to supply yourself with fresh chicken and the best tasting eggs around but you'll find but chickens can also be a great source of revenue.
Cows stop breeding if there is no room in the pen for more cows, or if they run out of food or water. Each cow sells for $2000 (not including transportation costs).